Monday, October 13, 2008

Parental Controls for your Car


I'm Ba-aaaaack. I know I've been MIA for awhile, now. But to be completely honest, it's only because I'm stupid enough to not only forget my password but also forget which of my emails I use for Blogspot. Get over it. I did.

So here's what you missed in the meantime: the SKIN project (which I had to have one of my writers at the magazine write on since I could not). Link here to that article. It's a really awesome but incredibly risky way to unite people through literature.

And now.....
the MyKey. This is a feature on upcoming Ford cars/trucks that limits the driver's speed to less than 80mph. It also allows for stereo volume limits an annoying noises to remind you that you aren't wearing a seatbelt.

Basically, it's a parent's dream and a teen's nightmare. But guess who usually buys the car?

The idea is a bit Big Brother for me to swallow. But, what with the new applications on your apple phone telling you where all your friends are at any given moment (and vice versa), the MyKey is surprising tame (and strangely geared toward safety rather than stalking capabilities).

Hmmm.

No comments: